Last week I shared my honest review of MailerLite and few reasons why I switched from MailChimp to Mailerlite.
If you have never heard of MailerLite before then, I would suggest you go through above link and you’ll know why it’s better for email marketing.
As you know, email marketing is an important part of blogging and online business, and it can bring a lot of traffic and potential customers.
However, it is not easy, and you need to spend some time learning the tricks and how to send clickable emails.
But, the first step in email marketing is to choose a reliable, functional email service provider.
Like many other, you may have chosen MailChimp because of its free plan (I made the same mistake).
Lack of premium features like automation on MailChimp is the culprit why you’re growing slow.
So, today I am sharing this simple guide on how to export your email subscribers from MailChimp to MailerLite.
I believe that you have an active account on MailerLite and you have access to it. If no, then please create an account first and then continue with the guide.
So, let’s get started.
1. Login to your MailChimp account and visit your dashboard.
2. Click on ‘List’ from tabs in the top bar.
3. Here, you’ll see all the list you have created with visible stats.
4. There will be a drop down button at the end of the list within stats button.
5. Click on ‘down arrow, ‘ and you will be greeted with multiple options.
6. Choose ‘Exports.’
7. On the next screen select (check) on the subscriber list, you want to export and click on ‘Export as CSV’ button.
8. Your list will be downloaded in a .zip format. Extract it to get the CSV format which you can import in MailerLite.
Once you have got the CSV file of your subscribers, it’s time to import into MailerLite.
1. Login to your MailerLite account and visit your dashboard.
2. Now, click on ‘subscribers’ tab available on top of the screen.
3. Here click on ‘Add New Group’ button and give a name to it. It can be anything you like.
4. Once the group is created, click on the small green button with a + sign.
5. It will take you the next screen where you can either drag and drop or choose the CSV file you exported.
You can also add subscribers by copy/pasting from Excel Sheet or by adding one subscriber at a time.
6. Once imported, you will be asked to match the columns with your subscriber list.
Choose the one you would like to match (like email, first name, and last name) and leave the other to ‘skip this column’.
7. After it, click on ‘finish adding subscribers’ and you will see the final summary.
It will show the total of subscribers that have been added to the group. Also, it shows and rejects all the invalid email address.
All Done. You’ve successfully exported your subscribers from MailChimp to MailerLite.
Go ahead and create a new campaign for your subscribers.
If you have ore than 1000 subscribers and you’re concerned about the pricing of MailerLite then here’s a quick pricing comparison table for you.
|0-1000||Free (Limited to 12000 emails)||Free (No Limit on emails)|
Over To You
Take action and move your subscribers from MailChimp to MailerLite. You never knew how many subscribers you’re losing because of not using premium features.
Still using MailChimp? What is that one thing you like most about MailChimp? Share your views in the comment section.
Also, share this post with your friends and followers on different social media channels. And, feel free to pin the below image to your favorite pin board.